For the last five years, I had been dragging my feet in going to Rosa Mexicano. To me, when you’re repeatedly told that there are only a few good things on the menu, it’s not exactly a great endorsement. Well, after reading numerous reviews and since I wasn’t paying, I finally went.
- Food: We ordered guacamole which came with thick chips which were good. There were nice chunks of avocado, but I still think my recipe would win in a guac contest. I ordered the short ribs since it was the only thing that received constant praise and I was not disappointed. They were so tender and made a knife completely unnecessary. There are three HUGE pieces of short ribs on the plate. Next time, I’d split the ribs with a couple of friends since it’d be more than enough food. They brought black beans to the table which I thought were under-seasoned while the rice was completely over-seasoned and had too much lime juice.
- Service: Our server was OK, but as the restaurant got busier, he became more and more absent.
- Atmosphere: The interior has bright colors and a comfortable atmosphere. The bar is packed after work for happy hours (I couldn’t find any information that they offered drink/food discounts).
- Attire: Business casual
- Price: $$/$$$
- Overall: Since I didn’t pay for dinner, I didn’t care. But I think if I ever go back, I’d definitely order the short ribs again to share with others…and yes, the guacamole.
- Hours: Lunch: Monday-Friday: 11:30am-3pm; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11am-3pm; Dinner: Sunday-Wednesday: 4-10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 4-11:30pm; Sunset: Daily 3:00 pm-4:00 pm
- Address: 575 7th St NW; Washington, DC 20004
- Ph: (202) 783-5522