A few years ago (2-3), I went to Odeon Cafe and had a really great Italian dinner. The food was delicious, service was good, and had an overall positive experience. When a couple of friends wanted to go to brunch one Sunday, I didn’t hesitate to mention Odeon Cafe since a different friend had recommended the place. Since I enjoyed my meal the last time I was there and so did she, I thought this would be a great brunch…
- Food:I ordered the Cafe Odeon Benedict eggs. The entire plate was cold and the poached eggs were terribly overcooked (the yolk was completely hard). The potatoes had no flavor. One friend ordered the salmon crepes which was the loser of the table. The crepes were too thick, doughy, and chewy. There was no salmon flavor whatsoever. The winning plate was the salmon egg white omelet, but it was also cold. However, the eggs were nicely cooked with a nice salmon flavor.
- Service: Despite an empty restaurant, the server rarely appeared. When he did stop by the table, he was nice.
- Atmosphere: There are two stories and in the summer, the windows in the front open. On the left-hand side, there’s a bar (about 12-15 stools).
- Attire: Casual
- Price: $$
- Overall:Did the restaurant change owners? Did they get a new chef? Who knows? Stick to the egg white omelet with salmon for brunch and it’ll be OK. I haven’t been in a long time for dinner but would love to hear from you about your experiences…
- Hours: Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am – 4:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:30am – 4:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 4:00pm – 12:00am
- Address: 1714 Connecticut Ave N.W.; Washington, DC 20009
- Ph: (202) 328-6228