**March 2008 Update: I have been to the one in Tysons and it’s definitely a huge, well-decorated restaurant. They have an enormous room for private parties. And most importantly, the food was yet again, AMAZING. I love Woo Lae Oak.**
I haven’t had Korean in many (many) years so I didn’t remember if I liked it or not. So when I went to Woo Lae Oak, based on the recommendation of a friend, I thought it was truly outstanding. However, I went to the one in Pentagon City, not Tysons. Unfortunately, I heard from a friend that the one in Pentagon City closed down. So I’m going to recommend Tysons.
- Food: Since I had never been before, my friend recommended Bi Bim Bap, fried egg served with rice, hot pepper pate on the side, served with beef broth. The dinner was definitely memorable (in a good way!) and tasty.
- Service: Courteous and efficient.
- Atmosphere: It felt like it was authentic. It was casual and quiet, even though the tables were full and it was on a weekend.
- Attire: Casual
- Price: $$
- Overall: It was good and I have found myself wanting to go back. Damn Pentagon City Woo Lae Oak for closing.
- Reservations accepted.
- Hours: Daily 11:30 am – 10 pm
- Location: 8240 Leesburg Pike Tysons Corner, Vienna, VA 22182
- Ph: 703-827-7300