Post Pub is one of those places that will never win any huge culinary praise, but then again, they don’t care. It’s about making simple American fare with pretty good beer specials.
- Food: I’ve been here several times, but during the most recent visit, I ordered a hamburger with fries. Unfortunately, I had to go back to work so I couldn’t take advantage of their great lunch beer specials. I always order hamburgers medium rare, but this time, the interior was so raw it was disgusting. It wasn’t medium rare at all. Now I know what you’re thinking — you should have sent it back. I don’t send food back…I don’t know what’s coming back. But in this situation, if I hadn’t been in such a rush, I would have. The steak fries though were hot and crispy so that helped.
- Service: Our server was fine, nothing memorable.
- Atmosphere:The inside is wooden panels with antiques. The restaurant seems a bit weird and disjointed. Immediately when you walk in, you’re in a tiny dining area but go to the left, and there’s a pretty big bar (15-20 stools) and a lot of booths.
- Attire: Casual
- Price: $
- Overall: It’s a perfect place to go — whether it’s for lunch or dinner when you want to go somewhere for a quick lunch with a decent atmosphere. It’s not fancy, expensive, or loud. Next time, I’ll just make sure to order my burger medium well.
Happy Hour: 5-8 PM weekdays with various beer specials.
- Hours: Weekdays 11am-12am; Sat 11am-8pm
- Address: 1422 L St NW, Washington, DC 20005
- Ph: (202) 628-2111