I went to Napa during my trip to the San Francisco area. I’ll talk about the vineyards we visited later, but for now, the food.
- Food: I’ll start with the bad. The Ahi Tuna burger I got was bad. It was soggy. Quite discouraging though as it was supposed to be fantastic. My colleague/friend, when I reported back (it was her recommendation to go), said I should have returned it. I probably should have. Anyway, the rest of the meal was amazing. L ordered fish tacos. I should preface the rest of the food we ordered by telling you that yet again, we hadn’t had lunch so this was lupper (or linner). We got an order of onion rings, sweet potato fries, and a chocolate shake — and I think they were the best I’ve ever had. The onion rings were amazing — I don’t know how they were able to keep the onions inside when you bite them. Most of the time, the onions come out of the ring. The sweet potato fries were crispy and tasty. The chocolate shake was thick and creamy.
- Service: I lost the bet with L. For some reason, I thought you could eat inside. You can’t. You order at a window.
- Atmosphere: It’s all picnic tables outside and it’s beautiful. We went on a Friday evening (around 6/7 PM) and I think we met all the children of Napa-area. It seemed like it was a hangout for parents and kids. It’s super casual with fantastic food.
- Price: $$
- Overall: I will absolutely make sure to come back (but will get a burger, not Ahi Tuna next time)! I am already craving the sweet potato fries, onion rings, and chocolate shake. Too bad it’s on the other coast!
- Reservation not accepted (it’s picnic tables for crying out loud!).
- Hours: 11 AM-8 PM daily
- Address: 933 Main Street; St. Helena, CA 94574
- Ph: 707-963-3486