It’s called Capitol Grounds, but it’s really known as a “great little sandwich/salad/soup place.” If you work in the “Golden Triangle” area, you’ve probably visited. If you work in the area and you’ve never been, you must! Menu can be found here: Menu Page 1, Menu Page 2, Menu Page 3.
- Food: They always use fresh ingredients, so you know you’re going to get good food. My favorite is the “Cobbie” which has avocado, turkey, bacon, lettuce, tomato, etc (photo on the right). I always order it on a wrap instead of the roll; otherwise, I feel it’s too much bread-to-meat ratio. Today though, I felt I needed to get some veggies and went with their “Veggie” in a jalapeno wrap (photo on the left). It has avocado, cucumber, tomato, lettuce, sprouts, and mustard. This is another restaurant that no matter who I go with, no one has ever had a “bad” meal.
- Atmosphere: You can’t sit down to eat, unless it’s a nice day. Even then, there are only two or three tables outside so it’s a bit of a gamble on whether you’ll get one. This is much more of a “grab and go” type place.
- Service: Very good. Yesterday I was actually standing in line outside the door, but I got my sandwich and paid in less than 10 minutes.
- Attire: Casual
- Price: $
- Overall: It’s good and is a perfect lunch spot.
- Hours: Monday-Saturday 7 AM – 4 PM
- Address: 1010 17th St NW, Washington DC 20036
- Ph: (202) 887-8231