It’s almost as if it’s easier to be bad a bad Thai place than a good one. Thaiphoon in Dupont is a bad one. Maybe their one in Pentagon Row in Arlington is better, but I’m never going to try it.
Here’s a great place to go with someone that you don’t want to spend a lot of time with because they’ll basically rush you in and out. To put it simply, you feel like some farm animal that’s herded in for dinner, served within 5 minutes of sitting down and ordering, and then expected to leave as soon as your chopsticks/fork stops moving from the plate to your mouth.
- Food: It’s fine. The Pad Thai is fine, but again, not memorable.
- Service: Servers are nice, but they rush you.
- Atmosphere: If they put another table in this restaurant, you’ll never be able to get in or out of the place. You feel like a sardine. It’s also very loud in the restaurant and you can’t help but overhear what the table next to you is saying.
- Attire: Casual
- Price: $$
- Overall: Skip it. There are too many fantastic restaurants in DC to try.
- Reservations accepted.
- Hours: Sun-Thurs 11:30 am-10:30 pm; Fri-Sat 11:30 am-11 pm
- Address: 2011 S St NW; Washington, DC 20009
- Ph: (202) 667-3505