Naan & Beyond is a perfect place to grab and go, but in the summer, they also have a few tables outside.
- Food: It’s simple, yet solid. I’ve never ordered anything but chicken tikka (right hand photo) and their simosas (veggie or chicken). The veggie simosa (left hand photo) was good. It’s flakey and has a great little spice kick. Inside is a mixture of spices, peas, carrots, and pototoes. When I was recently in line, 10 out of the 15 people ordered the same thing I did — the chicken tikka. It’s truly a popular dish! The chicken can be a little dry, but when you add the mango chutney (or mint), it gives is the perfect taste. The naan is made on-site and if you sit during the lunch rush hour, you’ll hear the guy kneading the dough throughout your meal.
To change things up, I tried their lamb tikka. The image does not make it look delicious, but it actually was. Unlike a lot of places, they didn’t overcook it so it was moist and good. But I prefer their chicken tikka…
- Service: Quick and efficient. Make sure to keep the receipt because your number is on there!
- Atmosphere: It’s a small, hole-in-the-wall restaurant. About 4-5 tables are inside, but it’s more of a grab-and-go place than one for sit down dining.
- Attire: Casual
- Price: $
- Overall: It’s a great place to shake up your monotonous sandwich/salad/soup lunches. And just in case you’re wondering if it’s that good, there is usually a line out the door — even when it’s cold outside.
- Hours: Mon-Fri 11 am-9 pm Sat 11am-5pm
- Address: 1710 L St. NW, Washington, DC 20036
- Ph: 202-466-6404