Sometimes, you just want a good burger and fries for lunch. You know it’s wrong because it’s unhealthy. But you just can’t help it. You have to give in. And that’s when you go to Ollie’s Trolley (Ollie’s Trolley Menu and Ollie’s Trolley Menu Side B — once it downloads, click on the bottom right big photo icon to see the menu).
- Food: You know in When Harry Met Sally and “Sally” (aka Meg Ryan) takes forever to order her food and substitutes like crazy? Well, I don’t know why, but I have a feeling that this is not the place to do that. They are very nice people though — don’t get me wrong. In the photo, you’ll see an Ollie Burger (with Ollie sauce). I don’t know what Ollie sauce is, but I feel like it’s a bit like 1000 Island. They have simple, but good American fare including Philly Steak sandwiches, burgers, etc. The burger is just a burger, but they are known for their fries and the unique blend of spices. While the fries are a bit salty for me, I have found I can get over it quickly. They’re not super crispy, but they’re pretty good. They also offer a lot of Mediterranean dishes, but I’ve never tried them.
- Service: They’re nice and efficient. You can usually get in and out in under 15 minutes.
- Atmosphere: It’s a fast-casual restaurant. There are about 15 tables and a few stools at the window.
- Attire: Casual
- Price: $
- Overall: It’s a great, fast lunch. If you’ve never been, you are missing out on a good burger and fries combo.
- Hours: Mon-Fri 8 am – 8 pm; Sat 8 am – 3 pm; Closed Sundays
- Address: 1426 L St. NW, Washington, DC 20005
- Ph: 202-628-3833