- Food:The menu (Nirvana Menu and Nirvana Menu Side B) looked really good and we couldn’t really decide what to order. So we decided to try the buffet so we could try a little bit of everything. I don’t remember everything that was available, but do remember Puris (Indian fried bread); Sev Ni Birang (vermicelli and sugar cooked together); and Kobi Nu Shak (cabbage curry). I thought the food overall was fine (though really didn’t care for the Sev Ni Birang dessert). I ordered an ice tea, but they didn’t bring any sugar with it and it was just flat. The Diet Coke my friend ordered was also flat.
- Service:Since we did the buffet ($11.95), we didn’t really interact with our server. However, there were a lot of them there.
- Atmosphere: It feels a bit worn down inside and the buffet isn’t huge. It’s just a standard rectangular table (30″ wide x 72″ long).
- Attire: Casual
- Price: $$
- Overall: I know Nirvana had gotten some decent reviews before, but I think it’s changed — or maybe it was the buffet. Don’t get me wrong, I think it was fine, but I’m not running to go back. Heads up — the buffet changes daily with each day of the week focusing on different regions (Mon – North Indian; Tues – Gujrati; Wed – South Indian; Thurs – Savories; Fri – Rajasthani).
- Reservations accepted.
- Hours: Mon-Fri 11:30 AM-3:00 PM and 5:00 PM-10:00 PM; Sat 11:30 AM-3:00 PM and 5:00 PM-11:00 PM; Sun closed
- Address: 1810 K Street NW; Washington, DC 20006
- Ph: 202-223-5043