Owned by the same people who run Cafe Bonaparte, Napoleon opened February 1, 2007 in Adams Morgan. I had been once before and had ordered a salad which was decent. But when a friend was in town and wanted to catch up, I thought it’d be time to try this place out again.
- Food:I ordered C&C Risotto which was made of shrimp and duck confit with creamy risotto and green peas. The shrimp was tough and overcooked and there were only a couple of pieces of duck, yet the creamy goodness of the risotto seemed to make up for it all. While it was good and perfectly seasoned, I don’t know if it was $18 worth. My friend ordered steak frites with a bearnaise sauce (that came on the side). It was a huge piece of steak and it was really good. Perfectly cooked and well-seasoned. The frites were big, thick cut fries. I prefer the thin fries that are crispy so I didn’t really like them.
- Service:Our server was very nice, but one of the busboys was uber attentive — and my poor friend kept having to fight to keep his plate.
- Atmosphere: It’s dark wood interior which makes it a comfortable spot on a cold winter day. During the summer, they offer great outdoor seating. At night, you can visit their Metropolitan Champagne Bar in the basement where they have DJs spinning on the weekends.
- Attire: Casual
- Price: $$
- Overall:I wouldn’t order my risotto again, even though it was decent — it’s mostly because it wasn’t worth $18. I would definitely order the steak frites (without the frites) or try some of their other meat dishes. Oh! And they serve my favorite Cabernet!
- Hours: Mon-Wed 5 PM-12 AM; Thurs 5 PM-2 AM; Fri 5 PM-3 AM; Sat 10 AM-3 AM; Sun 10 AM-12 midnight
- Address: 1847 Columbia Rd. NW; Washington, DC 20009
- Ph: 202-299-9630