Recently, I went to Panache with a few business associates for lunch.
- Food:I usually only go for a quick happy hour and an order of the fried calamari. The calamari is good, but it’s the aioli that makes it really good. When I went for lunch, I ordered the rockfish special which was tasty. It’s been a couple of months since I went so I forgot what the sides were. I also ordered the Tiramisu for dessert. I thought it was really good because it was incredibly light.
- Service: Good — even for happy hour.
- Atmosphere: The restaurant is borderline casual and business casual. They have these huge half-circular booths on the side and then their bar is on the right — just hope you don’t sit immediately by the door on a cold or wet day. Their bar gets packed for happy hour though.
- Price: $$$
- Overall:I like their happy hours. The lunch was good, but it wasn’t $$$ good. Their HH isn’t super upscale, but it’s comfortable (without being like a college happy hour). It’s a nice middle ground location. I’ve never been at night, but apparently, the atmosphere changes with live music on Thursdays and DJs on Fridays through Sundays.
Happy Hour: Their weekday happy hour is from 4-7 PM and their HH menu has Panache shots for $6 and signature cocktails for $9. I go for their $4 glasses of wine and calamari appetizer.
- Reservations accepted.
- Hours: M-F lunch 11 AM-4 PM; M-F Dinner 4 PM-10:30 PM; Saturday 5:30 PM-10:30 PM.
- Address:1725 Desales St. NW, Washington, DC 20036
- Ph: 202-293-7760