Mac and cheese is quite possibly one of the best foods ever invented. To me, it’s truly comfort food. But it’s so unhealthy so I rarely make it.
Here’s my recipe for lower in fat mac & cheese for 3-4 people. It’s pretty good — creamy, cheesy, and yummy.
- 3 cups of uncooked macaroni noodles (I only had fusilli) and then cook it
- 3 TBSP of unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded low fat cheese (no fat cheese does not work!)
- 1 cup of low fat milk
- 2 TBSP of flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a sauce pot, melt the butter and mix in salt and pepper.
Slowly add in the flour, stirring constantly.
Gradually add the milk and stir the mixture until smooth.
- Add the cheese on a low heat and melt into the mixture.
- Once the mixture is at your desired consistency, mix in the drained macaroni.
- Keep stirring until everything is mixed well and serve immediately.