I went to Thai X-ing with a friend who had a car because otherwise, I don’t think I would have ever had a chance to try it. Their menu can be found here.
- Food: We ordered spring rolls which I didn’t love because I thought they were a bit bland. But everything else we ordered was so good! We also ordered Veggie Pad Thai which was sweeter than the normal pad thai you’d get at other restaurants, but then had a slight heat kick at the end. It was fantastic! Then we ordered Chicken Vigsittaboot with watercress and spicy peanut sauce which was also amazing.
- Service: There’s one guy who cooks everything so his overhead has to be pretty low. But it also means that you’re frequently waiting — even if you call in advance. I called and placed our order and was told it’d take 40 minutes yet when we arrived about an hour later, he hadn’t even cooked it yet. So if you have plans that require you to be somewhere at a certain time, this is not the restaurant for you. I’d only go when you have no plans except dinner…just in case!
- Atmosphere: While he has a table and chairs, it’s definitely a grab-and-go place. There are lots of chairs and items on the wall to entertain you while you’re waiting for your food.
- Attire: It’s to-go so it doesn’t matter.
- Price: $
- Overall: The Chicken Vigsittaboot was really good. The pad thai was unique. I’m looking forward to the next time I get to go back and try some of his curry dishes that I’ve heard so much about. Definitely a hidden gem in DC!
- Hours: Tues-Sun 4-10 PM (delivery only happens on Friday and Saturday nights)
- Address: 515 Florida Ave, Washington DC 20001
- Ph: 202-332-4322