As I mentioned, I’m in a poached egg mood and order it where ever I go. But I felt like trying my hand at making them so I did and they turned out really well.
Using this guide, here’s how I did it:
- Used room temperature eggs
- Put 2 tsp of vinegar into the water and a little salt
- Boiled the water then brought it down to a simmer (when there are only tiny bubbles that don’t break the surface)
- Using a small bowl, gently put the egg into the water. If you’re making two, then use two different bowls.
- Cover with a lid and turn off the heat.
- For a medium-firm yolk, let it cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove with a spoon with a slit and make sure there’s no water.
- Serve and enjoy!