I vaguely remember when Suki Asia opened — I think two or three years ago. I have been once before and remember ordering sushi and it was pretty good. But it had been a couple of years since I had been so I thought I’d try it again for the blog. Their menu is pretty brief and actually fits on one page here.
- Food: I was hungry and so I decided to order their original bibimbap and a bagel roll. First, the bagel roll. They get points for not dying their ginger to that horrible pink color and instead, leaving it to its original state. I also give them major points for not giving me so much wasabi that I feel like I’m wasting it. Their bagel roll was pretty good and I’d definitely order it again. Next to the bibimbap. I thought it was OK, but the bulgogi cart definitely makes a better version. Plus, there was no egg. And there wasn’t that much in there, but what was there was decent.
UPDATE: My lunch buddy kept raving about their udon mushroom with tofu so I had to try it. It was really good (no MSG so no weird after-taste). There weren’t a lot of veggies though, but the noodles and broth were really good. A super filling lunch!
- Service: They’re very nice and while it can seem busy with a lot of people, they are pretty efficient.
- Atmosphere: While it’s not a very big location, it has 5-7 tables. The interior lacks much decoration, but considering most people are grabbing and going back to their office for lunch, it doesn’t really matter.
- Attire: Casual
- Price: $
- Overall:I think I’ll skip their bibimbap and go to the Bulgogi cart instead since it tastes so much better and is cheaper. But I do like their sushi so I would definitely go back for that.
- Hours: Monday-Friday 10:30-5:30
- Address: 1730 Rhode Island Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20036
- Ph: 202.463.3400