- Food: With my love of spicy food, I asked the waiter what would be better — green chili chicken or the Tandoori chicken chops. He said the Tandoori chicken chops was spicier than the green chili chicken. So not feeling like having a running nose and tearing eyes, I ordered the green chili chicken. I went with a couple other folks and one of them ordered the other “spicy” dish. Folks, my dish was a thousand times spicier than the Tandoori chicken chops. I had tears and my sinuses were definitely cleared. But, I did like it — even though the spiciness overpowered the cilantro and mint. We also ordered a basket of their assorted breads which were very good (and helped ease the heat).
- Service: Our waiter was very nice, but he was dead wrong on the spicy food. Thankfully, I have a pretty strong spicy food tolerance, but it was still hot.
- Atmosphere: The interior is classic, simple elegance.
- Attire: Business casual
- Price: $$$
- Overall: I’ll definitely go back to try some of their other dishes like their chicken tikka or some of their lamb dishes.
- Reservations strongly recommended.
- Hours: Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:30am – 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 6:00pm – 10:30pm, Friday – Saturday: 6:00pm – 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:30pm – 9:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:30am – 2:30pm
- Address: 815 Connecticut Ave., NW; Washington, DC 20006
- Ph: (202) 659-3727