- Food:I ordered the Baja fish tacos which were pretty good. The fish was seasoned very well (and not fried, yay!). The only reason it got a “pretty good” is because the flour tortillas were soggy from the mango salad so it made eating the tacos quite difficult. However, the mango salsa (with tomato and cilantro) was excellent. The guacamole was decent. We also ordered their tater tots after the bartender said that Bar Louie is famous for ’em. The same friend who went with me to Bar Louie was with me at Tonic and we concurred that the tots weren’t as good as Tonic because they were cold and not as crispy. My friend ordered the buffalo chicken and apparently, her food was also cold.
- Service: Our bartender was a little slow on the service and obviously the kitchen wasn’t exactly on it’s A game.
- Atmosphere:It’s very spacious and has nice outdoor seating. It’d be a great place to go with a bunch of friends for a casual night or to watch a game. Wow, I almost forgot to share. Their bathroom, when we were there, clearly had a MAJOR problem. It smelled so badly — I’m sure a back-up happened, but they should really put up a sign or something. It was foul.
- Attire: Casual
- Price: $$
- Overall: If you want to meet up with a bunch of friends in Chinatown/Penn Quarter area, I think this is a great alternative to Clyde’s for a few beers and watch a game. Their food is a bit of a “hit and miss,” but definitely try those fish tacos (but ask for the flour tortillas on the side or something). I’ll go back and might try those sliders…I do love mini-burgers!
- Hours: Daily 11 AM-2 AM
- Address: 701 7th Street NW, Washington, DC 20004
- Ph: 202-638-2460