I’ve walked by The Indian Experience (formerly Ascot Resturant) a lot whenever I go to Naan and have always said I wanted to try this place out. I finally went! And by the way, Ascot and Naan are owned by the same people.
- Food:I went with their buffet. Now we know how I feel about buffets, but as far as buffets go, this was not bad. The food they served was pretty good and the naan was freshly made throughout the meal.
- Service: Not great…they’re a little gruff and unfriendly. I went with 3 other people and they put a 15% gratuity on our bill. I wasn’t a fan of that at all.
- Atmosphere: You walk downstairs and they have a pretty big restaurant. On the left-hand side, you’ll see an elevated level with the buffet and tables. The decor is a bit worn and the chairs are pretty comfortable, albeit a little low for the tables.
- Attire: Casual
- Price: $$
- Overall: If I remember correctly, the buffet was $12. If someone wanted to go to their buffet, I would be fine with that. But my aversion to buffets remains so I’d prefer going to Naan for my chicken tikka and veggie samosa.
- Hours: Mon-Fri 11:30 am-9 pm
- Address: 1708 L St NW, Washington, DC 20036
- Ph: (202) 466-6404