I was excited to see the Golden Triangle was getting a new Thai restaurant, Pasara. Pasara has a restaurant in Alexandria, but as we all know, I rarely get out to NoVA (or Maryland).
- Food: I ordered their grilled calamari salad and pad thai with tofu (and no peanuts). First, the calamari salad had some great heat. It was a bit heavy on the seasoning and I think there was some cardamom in there too. So I wasn’t completely in love with the salad. Now to the pad thai. It was good because of the hot (temperature) but not spicy at all (my fault, forgot to ask for the heat!). However, it was a bit greasy — you could tell see the grease on the plastic fork they gave me (no chopsticks – boo).
- Service: I ordered to go.
- Atmosphere: When you walk in, their entrance isn’t big (shockingly small actually) which is forgiveable since they offer so much seating. There are two stories with the 2nd floor overlooking the 1st floor. While there’s a lot of seating, it’s not too squished. On the right hand side, you’ll see 12-16 stool bars on the right hand side. The interior is beautifully arranged and designed. It’s a medium dark wood interior with great accent pieces throughout the restaurant.
- Attire: Casual
- Price: $$
- Overall: Overall, I am glad Pasara moved into the Golden Triangle. It’s another good dining option in the area. At the same time, there’s too much grease for me on their Pad Thai. Now that I know how to make it, I don’t understand the grease. Also, here’s the menu
- Hours: Sat & Sun 12 noon-10 PM; Mon-Fri 11 AM-10 PM
- Address:1219 Connecticut Ave NW; Washington, DC 20036
- Ph: (202) 223-3777