Yes, I made out to Virginia! I was putzing one day and was surprised when I found myself at Seven Corners. But also so happy because I knew I was in store for outstanding pho! I decided to go to Eden Center and I wandered into Pho Xe Lua.
- Food: They only serve pho but I ordered my standard — Tai pho and an iced tea. The beef was raw and so paper thin it was awesome. I slurped my way through the meal and I was contemplating getting a second bowl for the next day. It was delicious and it’s my favorite bowl of pho so far!
UPDATE 10/2008: I went again but ordered it to go. This time, they had ngo gai — Asian cilantro that’s prickly with a kick and awesome. This is still my favorite pho place…
- Service: There is an older guy who seated me, took my order, and ran the cash register. There was an older woman walking around as well and a busboy. They leave you alone to linger as long as you’d like, but this also means they’re not stopping by constantly to refill your soda or ice tea glass.
- Atmosphere: There’s 15-20 tables and the interior won’t impress anyone. When I first sat down, it wasn’t busy but by the time I left, it was almost completely packed. And in the corner, there was a table of men playing some sort of domino-type game.
- Attire: Casual
- Price: $
- Overall: Bring your cash because it’s cash-only! The large bowl of pho and ice tea was about $11, but it was seriously amazing. I can’t wait to go back!
- Hours: Daily 7:30am- 8:00pm
- Address:Eden Center; 6755-A Wilson Blvd; Falls Church, VA 22044
- Ph: 703-533-3130