It was raining and crappy and so my friend and I decided to order in. Plus, I had a bottle of Rose that I wanted to try.
I don’t like Rose. I never have. But for some reason, when I was in the liquor store to buy some sparking wine (loved this one he recommended — Segura Viudas Reserva Heredad Cava from Spain), the liquor store guy told me that even though I don’t like Rose, I’d like Juno Rose from South Africa. Now why is it that even though I know I don’t like Rose, I still ended up buying the wine? Regardless, my friend was a super trooper and joined me in trying this bottle. It was fine, but I didn’t love it and won’t buy it again. The Cava was dry (but not too dry) and was a great sparkling wine to cool down from the humidity!
Anyway, we decided to order from Jyoti. Menu here.
- Food:I first need to tell you that I don’t like cardamom. I never have. So ordering Indian is a bit of a challenge, but I do like Indian food! I just need to be careful. My friend ordered paneer makani (the orange container) which had a strong cardamom flavor. I ordered the lamb rogan josh which was really good. Then we got a side of roti and raita. I thought it was really good! They also gave us a huge portion of rice — look at it! And yes, their naan was better than the one I make (but they have a tandoori!).
- Service: Our delivery took over an hour. And we were starving. So it gets poor marks for taking more than an hour.
- Atmosphere: No idea, they delivered!
- Attire: Casual
- Price: $$
- Overall:I was excited to hear that there’s Indian delivery ($15 min). On their menu, they tell you it’ll take 45-60 minutes to deliver and if it’s bad weather or traffic, it’ll take longer. My next order is going to be chicken tikka and samosa.
- Hours: Sun-Thurs 12 PM-10:30 PM; Fri & Sat 12 PM-12 AM
- Address: 2433 18th St NW; Washington, DC 20009
- Ph: 202-518-5892