I thought this recipe for Bon Apetit Spicy Thai Tofu sounded delicious, but then I saw their fat and calorie count. That’s ridiculous!
So here’s my healthier version of their recipe:
- 2 tsp peanut oil
- 2 large bell peppers (red, yellow, orange, or green) finely sliced
- 1 package of extra firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 3 TBSP minced ginger (I use the one in the brine)
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 3 TBSP soy sauce
- 2 TBSP lime juice
- 1/2-1 tsp dried red peppers, chopped
- 3 TBSP green onion
- 1 bag of spinach (I used a 12 oz bag)
- 4 TBSP cilantro
- 4 TBSP bean sprouts
Take your cubed tofu and put into a bowl. Add the ginger, garlic, soy sauce, lime juice, and dried red chilies. Make sure to mix and let marinade for 10-20 minutes.
Then heat your wok. Once it’s hot, add peanut oil. Add the sliced bell peppers and cook for a minute or two. Then add your marinaded tofu mixture for a minute or two. Then in bunches, add spinach until wilted.
Serve over rice with chopped cilantro and bean sprouts. Heads up though — if you don’t like the texture of tofu, then definitely fry it before you use it in this recipe.