I had been to Thai Chili/Sushi Go Round once before a few years ago and recently stopped by again for a quick bite.
- Food: The sushi conveyor belt has 4 different color plates — blue, yellow, green, and red. They clearly label the prices each plate color cost (but I can’t remember their prices). I think the most expensive is around $5 and the cheapest is $2-3. I’ve tried a lot of their sushi and it’s good. They offer a good selection, but as with all sushi conveyor belts, you do have to know your sushi/nigiri! Otherwise, you may end up paying for something you don’t like.
- Service: I’ve only eaten at the Sushi Go Round, but they are quick to clear any garbage you have and the covers to the sushi plates.
- Atmosphere: It’s like there are two different restaurants. Neither one has a lot of seats, but the Thai side has 10-12 tables and chairs while the Sushi Go Round has 20-25 stools around the conveyor belt.
- Attire: Casual
- Price: $$
- Overall: If you’re in the Penn Quarter/Chinatown area and are looking for something quick and healthy without going to a chain, I recommend trying this place out. It’s decent sushi and let’s be honest, the conveyor belt is fun. Ha ha.
- Hours: Mon-Thurs 11 AM-10:30 PM; Fri 11 AM-11 PM; Sat 12 noon – 11 PM; Sun 12 noon – 10:30 PM; Delivery Hours: Mon-Fri 11 AM-3 PM, 5-10 PM; Sat & Sun 5-10 PM (min $20)
- Address: 701 7th Street NW; Washington, DC 20001
- Ph: (202) 393-2905, (202) 393-2906