Well, you’re supposed to make it with pork, but I went with extra lean ground turkey and thought it was delicious!
It’s very simple and quick wok cooking. It’s also healthy! Perfect!
- 2 tsp peanut oil
- 1.5 lb ground turkey/pork/chicken/beef
- 1 can water chestnuts, drained and minced
- 1 can of bamboo shoots, drained and minced
- 3-4 stalks of green onions
- 2 TBSP dry sherry
- 1 TBSP soy sauce
- 2 TBSP sesame oil
- 2 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 cup of snow peas, coarsely chopped
- lettuce leaves (Romaine lettuce, Endive, etc — although I used cabbage since I had some leftover in my fridge)
- fresh mint, chopped
- 2 TBSP plum sauce
- 1 TBSP hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
Heat the oil in a pan and cook the turkey until brown. Add the water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, and green onion and keep mixing for a minute. Add the remaining ingredients expect the lettuce and mint (and sauce ingredients), mix, and cook for a couple of minutes. Then I put the cabbage leaves on top while it was cooking to steam for a couple of minutes and soften a little bit. I still wanted it to be crunchy though so seriously, only a couple minutes.
For the sauce, add all together with 1 TBSP of water. To serve, put 1 TBSP of turkey mix on each lettuce leaf and sprinkle with mint. Serve with sauce for dipping.
Plus, it makes great leftovers. I re-heated the extras at work and put the filling into a flour tortilla. It was a Turkey San Choy Bau wrap!