Pasta salad is one of the easiest things to bring to a picnic, party, or make on Sundays for your lunch.
- 1 box of bow-tie/farfella pasta (multi-colored is fun), cooked (although I prefer less pasta, more veggies so I made only 1/2 box)
- 1 can of large pitted black olives, cut in quarters
- 1 can of artichoke hearts, cut in quarters
- 3-4 big carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 can of kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 red onion very finely sliced (or 4-5 green onion stalks chopped)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 bottle of Newman’s Own Olive Oil & Vinegar dressing (use as much or as little as you want but don’t drench)
- 1/3 cup of toasted walnuts (chopped) or toasted almonds (chopped) or 2 TBSP toasted pine nuts
Once all the ingredients are chopped, mix together well in a big bowl. If you don’t like a certain vegetable, feel free to substitute or add your favorite. Variations to this includes adding broccoli, peas, cauliflower, tuna, etc. I think this taste better the next couple of days after you make it once the flavors get to marinate together.
This is so easy and pretty healthy (as long as you don’t drown it in dressing).