I’ve been to Kaz Sushi Bistro several times, but I hadn’t been in some time (or at least since I started the blog). They were supposed to do fugu this spring, but when I called and put my name on the list, they never did call me back. Bummer. I’m going to try fugu one day!
- Food: My food friend and I decided to go to Kaz. I ordered the blue crab sushi (top left) which was good. Tuna and jalapeno (middle 6) which wasn’t spicy, but insanely fresh. It was amazing because unlike some places, they did a great job of balancing enough jalapeno for a small amount of heat while not overpowering the fish. I think this was my my favorite roll! I also ordered the asparagus and red pepper roll (“sandwiching” tuna and jalapeno rolls). Plus, they give you white ginger (not pink). My friend ordered salmon teriyaki and she loved it.
- Service: When I’ve actually eaten in the restaurant, it’s been good.
- Atmosphere: Inside it’s a pretty small restaurant that does pack people in a bit like sardines. It’s tight and cozy – and not the place to go if you want to have a conversation that you wouldn’t want others to hear.
- Attire: Casual
- Price: $$
- Overall: Hands down, this is one of the best sushi places in the city. Plus, it is a great place to take anyone from friends to clients to dates to parents.
- Reservations recommended for peak times.
- Hours: Lunch Mon-Fri 11:30-2:00; Dinner Mon-Sat 6:00-10:00; Closed Sundays
- Address: 1915 “Eye” St. NW, Washington, DC 20006
- Ph: 202.530.5500