Everyone (including me) is trying to save money. At the same time, I still like to eat out so I thought I’d compile a list of my favorite under $10 restaurants. Plus, I’m this week’s Metrocurean Five Bites contributor.
Anyway, these are the places that I love to go back to again and again. It’s comfort-type food, casual, and delicious!
- Pho Xe Lua in Fall Church — I don’t get to go out there too often since I’m car-less, but it’s the best pho I’ve found so far! The flavorful and aroma rich broth with the razor-thin beef is ridiculously good.
- Burrito Man on 15th and K — For $5.50, this is one of the best deals EVER. Always fresh with 50+ different types of hot sauces, the Burrito Man makes the best burritos.
- Super Tacos & Bakery — You may know them better as Tacos Pepitos, but I know them as making some of the biggest sandwiches such as the Cubano or Carnitas for only $7.
- Korean Cart/Bulgogi on 14th and Vermont — This mother and son duo are serving some of the best kimchi and bibimbap in DC…and it’s a steal for $7.
- Casa Blanca — I’ve been at least 3-5 times and I’ve never been disappointed. Outstanding fried plantatains, empanadas, and chicken tacos at such a low price!
- La Granja De Oro — Whenever I’ve passed this non-descript restaurant in Adams Morgan, there are always people eating here. And it’s no wonder. For under $7, you get a 1/4 piece of the best rotisserie chicken with a salad and fried yucca (or fries).
- Adam Express in Mt Pleasant — If you haven’t heard, this is a tiny restaurant that provides some of the best Korean in DC.
- So’s Your Mom in Adams Morgan — Best. Reuben Sandwich. Ever.
- Java Green — Who knew vegan could be so delicious? My favorite is slurping the “chicken” ramen. Perfect for cold weather!
Are there others that you love?