I love watching Giada De Laurentiis’ Everyday Italianbecause the food always looks delicious. So I was intrigued when I saw this recipe for Italian Chocolate Sandwich Cookies with an orange filling.
To be honest, I was unsure how this was going to taste, but it was a fantastic cookie. I’m not sure if kids would like this because the corn meal gives it a little crunch. But the combination of dark cocoa cookie and orange filling makes it a sophisticated cookie recipe.
A few tricks —
- Put flour down on your workspace and rolling pin when you’re rolling the dough pretty thin.
- To pick up the dough, use a scraper so the dough stays in a perfect circle.
- Make sure to let the cookies cool before you put in the filling!
- Be careful when you’re putting in the filling — those cookies are fragile.
- I was able to make 23 cookie sandwiches