I know how many feel about Lauriol Plaza. And I am one of those who groans and rolls her eyes when the restaurant comes up as a dinner choice. But when it was clear I wasn’t going to get out of going this time, I decided to suck it up and go. Besides, maybe it would be better than the last time I went…
- Food: I can’t lie. Lauriol Plaza is a good place to go when you have a large group of people. Their chips are always hot, thin, and fresh out of the fryer. Plus, when you add the fact they’re free — who doesn’t appreciate it? They offer two sides of salsa — one pico de gallo and the other is a hotter mixture. Their guacamole is decent with good flavors and chunks of avocado. I ordered their steak fajitas, which when you think about it, you can’t really mess up. good. But make no mistake, they really serve Tex-Mex food.
- Service: Once you get a table, they are good about getting your order, serving your food, and cleaning up quickly.
- Atmosphere: There’s actually three levels and outside seating. It’s a huge restaurant and can be super loud when it’s packed. The bar is usually jammed as well.
- Attire: Casual
- Price: $$
- Overall: Is it worth the long lines at night and on the weekends? I’m not a wait in line kind of person so I say no. If you’ve never been to DC, I’d say to pass this place. But after living here for five years, it makes sense that you’d try it at least once.
- Reservations are not accepted, but at night and on weekends, be prepared for a super long wait!
- Hours: Mon-Thu,Sun 11:30am-11pm; Fri-Sat 11:30am-12am
- Address: 1835 18th St NW; Washington, DC 20009
- Ph: (202) 387-0035