Variety Deli opened up several months ago, but I never went…until recently. Here are photos of their menu.
Lunch and Dinner menu:
- Food: I ordered the New Yorker sandwich with pastrami, Swiss cheese, Russian dressing, and coleslaw on perfectly toasted rye. While I know that may sound crazy, I’ve found a lot of restaurants don’t let the bread actually toast until it’s light brown. Instead, they figure if it’s gone through the toaster it’s “toasted.”
- Atmosphere: The interior is fun with red walls and white tables and chairs. In the back of the deli, there’s mirrors so the place seem a bit bigger than reality.
- Service: The woman behind the counter was very nice and was fast when she was making my sandwich.
- Attire: Casual
- Price: $
- Overall: For a quick sandwich, it’s a good spot.
- Hours: 7 AM-9 PM Mon-Thurs; 7 AM-10:30 PM Fri-Sat; 12 noon-7 PM Sun
- Address: 2120 18th Street NW; Washington, DC 20009
- Ph: 202-234-3354