For five years (since I moved to DC), I had been meaning to go to Super Tacos & Bakery (formerly Tacos Pepitos Bakery II). But when I would go, they’d run out of meat for the sandwiches. I finally made it early enough to be able to order their sandwiches. BTW, here’s some of their menu — the rest can be found here.
- Food:I ordered two — the Cubano (photo on the left) and Carnitas (photo on the right). The sandwiches are absolutely enormous and I didn’t even order the large. For $7, they are some of the best deals . There’s fresh tomatoes and avocado — yum. For me, there were 4 meals — 1/2 a sandwich is definitely enough!
- Service: While Spanish is the predominant language spoken, they do understand English.
- Atmosphere: There’s only a few (4-5) stools inside and a couple of tables and stools outside (when it’s nice) so eating in isn’t really an option. On the right, there’s a huge wooden cabinet full of baked items.
- Attire: Casual
- Price: $
- Overall: For those days you’re feeling poor, I’d definitely go here and get a couple of sandwiches for a grand total of $15.40 (tax included). The good news is that they deliver for free (with a $10 minimum) so anyone who lives in the area can get their fantastic food! I think next time I’ll try their tacos.
- Hours: Mon-Thu 8 am-10 pm; Fri-Sat 8 am-11 pm; Sun 8 am-10 pm
- Address: 1762 Columbia Rd. NW, Washington, DC 20009
- Ph: 202-232-7121