- Food: I thought I’d get food for lunch and dinner so I ordered their 2 meat plate with 2 sides. I picked chicken and brisket and smoked home fries and cole slaw. I figured it’d be a piece or two of chicken and a few pieces of brisket. Umm, it was actually 4 pieces of chicken and 1/4 lb of brisket. That’s a lot of food for $14! The brisket was so tender and moist with bits of crunch and fat. So awesome. The chicken was really good too. They asked whether you want mild or hot BBQ sauce and I, of course, ordered the hot which had a great (small) kick. Unlike a lot of places, their BBQ sauce wasn’t overly sweet either. Nice. I didn’t love the smoked home fries, mostly because they were a bit undercooked. Also, I didn’t taste the smoked flavor at all, but did taste the pepper. I’m not a big cole slaw fan, but this one was really creamy and took the heat away from the BBQ sauce.
- Service: Good and polite.
- Atmosphere: It’s super casual. On the tables, they have rolls of paper towels and on the walls, lots of one dollar bills from their customers with messages.
- Attire: Casual
- Price: $
- Overall: Bottom line? You have to go and try their BBQ. It’s a good thing I don’t live in Chinatown because I think I’d be there all the time!
- Hours: Mon-Thurs 11 AM-9 PM; Fri & Sat 11 Am-10 PM; Sun Noon-8 PM
- Address: 707 H Street NW; Washington, DC 20001
- Ph: 202-347-8396