When my best friend from college came into town, she mentioned there was a kosher deli in Dupont. I, of course, was intrigued and was looking forward to trying it out. Unfortunately, we had just eaten breakfast so I wasn’t ready to order anything else. Instead, I went with a friend for lunch a few weeks later.
Food: I don’t know about you, but to me — pastrami or corned beef were the two sandwiches I was looking forward to trying. I kept waffling and finally ordered the pastrami which was a great sandwich. It came with chips and a pickle. I think it might have been a homemade pickle because it had a distinct, yet salty and sweet yummy flavor. While the sandwich wasn’t as big as I thought it was going to be (like you get in NY), there was still enough for 4 sandwiches!
I’ve since gone back and gotten their Reuben. Pretty good stuff and there was “cheese” (it’s a Kosher restaurant so it wasn’t real). Still though, nothing like So’s Your Mom Reuben. I think I’m no longer ordering Reubens unless I’m at SYM.
- Service: We ordered to go, but they were nice.
- Atmosphere: The interior reminds me a bit of Cheers, but with more sunlight.
- Attire: Casual
- Price: $
- Overall: I think it’s a great sandwich place and would absolutely go again.
- Hours: Sunday-Thursday 11 AM-9 PM; Friday 11 AM-2:30 PM
- Address: 1253 20th Street NW; Washington, DC 20036
- Ph: 202-785-4314