- Food:I’ve ordered a lot of their chicken kebobs and lamb (or chicken) gyros in the five years I’ve lived here. Despite their sometimes dry chicken, it’s still delicious. The fries are super crispy and hot — a must in my book.
- Service: When you walk in, they have a large display case with their various sides and above that, a huge menu of options. When you’re ready to order, go to the cash register to order and pay. Then you huddle around the counter (or run other errands) while you wait for your number to be called.
- Atmosphere:In the summer, they have 3-4 tables and chairs, and if you like to people watch, it’s a perfect spot to go. You’re on the sidewalk by the Bank of America ATM line. They did a renovation to the restaurant a few years ago, which greatly improved the interior, but it’s still not that conducive to sit-down dining. Instead, most pick-up their food orders and take it back to their respective homes.
- Attire: Casual
- Price: $
- Overall:If you’re new to the Adams Morgan neighborhood, this is a must. And if you’ve lived here for decades, chances are you’ve visited this nondescript restaurant because the food is good and reasonably priced. At least that’s why I keep coming back.
- Hours: Mon-Sat 11 AM-10:30 PM; Sun 11 AM-9:30 AM
- Address: 1829 Columbia Road NW; Washington, DC 20009
- Ph: 202-745-7495