Sad but true, I had never been. I don’t know what took me so long to go to Acadiana!
- Food: Instead of a typical bread basket, you get biscuits with this fantastic butter, honey, and spices mix. The biscuits are hot, flaky, and buttery. The butter, honey, and spice mix with the biscuit — forget it. So good! Then we ordered. First, one dining companion ordered the Grilled Gulf Redfish with seafood jambalaya while the other ordered “USA Today Top 25 Dishes 2005” New Orleans Style BBQ Shrimp . Both were good. I left my order to the last because I have a lot to say about it. I ordered the Jumbo Lump Crabcakes with creamed corn maque choux, Benton’s Smoked Bacon, and Green Onion Remoulade. Holy cow. First the bad — they didn’t pick out all the shells from the crab. I’d think at this kind of place, they’d be more careful. But the rest of it was fantastic! One friend who tried the crabcakes took a moment of silence in their honor. Yeah, seriously. That good. The creamed corn maque choux, Benton’s Smoked Bacon, Green Onion Remoulade –tremendous! I don’t think there was one spec of food left on my plate. We then ordered the beignets du vieux carre with chocolate pudding, chicory coffee gelee. They were good, but wouldn’t say they were “stop you in your tracks.”
- Service:Our server was polite and offered great suggestions. Everyone loved what they ordered (though I definitely ordered the best!). When we all ordered the same type of wine, she ordered a bottle since we had said we’d each have 2 glasses. While she was attentive, she wasn’t annoying. She was a great server!
- Atmosphere: It’s actually a pretty big restaurant that seems to hold a lot of people. The place isn’t a jeans and sneakers kind of joint, but it isn’t a super fancy one either.
- Attire: Business casual
- Price: $$$
- Overall:I’ll definitely go back! I am looking forward to trying the crabcakes again (with the hopes that they’ll keep the shells out). I’m also looking forward to trying the fried green tomatoes. Yummy!
- Reservations recommended (especially on weekends).
- Hours: Mon-Thurs lunch 11:30 am – 2:30 pm; Mon-Thurs dinner: 5:30 pm – 10:30 pm; Friday lunch:
11:30 am – 2:30 pm; Friday dinner: 5:30 pm – 11:00 pm; Saturday dinner: 5:30 pm – 11:00 pm; Sunday
Dinner: 5:30 pm – 9:30 pm; Brunch Sunday 11:00 am – 2:30pm
- Address: 901 New York Avenue, N.W.; Washington, DC 20001
- Ph: 202.408.8848