Right across from City Place Cafe is Sunrise Cafe. While they don’t have a menu available (just a big board when you walk in), they do offer a wide variety of options. One day, maybe I’ll feel adventurous enough to take a photo.
- Food: One of my favorite sandwiches is their chicken gyros ($6 includes tax) because the chicken is always moist, the pita bread is good, and they put enough feta to taste but not too much. The sandwich while it seems it might be “drippy,” it never is! And it’s really filling.
- Service: They’re polite and pretty quick. I can usually leave my office, get a sandwich and be back in my office in 15 minutes (or less).
- Atmosphere: With a couple of outdoor tables and chairs and only 5 or 6 stools, this is definitely more of a “grab-and-go” kind of place.
- Attire: Casual
- Price: $
- Overall: As an alternative to some of the other places, I’ve started to add this my list of rotating lunch places. They offer frozen yogurt (hard yogurt, not soft serve) and ice cream; pizza pitas; gyros; burgers; deli sandwiches; etc. Their prices are very reasonable and good portions.
- Hours: 7:30 AM-maybe 2 or 4 PM (?) Monday-Friday
- Address: 17th and L Street NW; Washington, DC 20036
- Ph: Not known