In the five years that I’ve lived in DC, it seems Pot Belly has taken over the town. Yes, I know, it’s a bit like a chain…but it’s sometimes incredibly convenient/easy for me to go sometimes when it’s late at the office and grab dinner.
- Food: I’ve ordered a lot of food at Pot Belly, but my standard is their turkey on wheat (photo on the left). It’s toasted (like Quizno’s) and they have some good topping options. Their hot peppers are soaked in oil which makes the sandwich greasy (boo). They’ve recently added salads to their menu and I tried their Italian salad with non-fat vinaigrette dressing (photo on the right). It has this great sweet tang to it and didn’t taste non-fat. The croutons, which I am betting were homemade (what else are they going to do with all that stale bread?), were a little soggy, but well seasoned.
- Service: They’re definitely efficient. Whenever you see the line snake outside the door, it’s a little shocking. But they are quick and even with that kind of a line, you can usually get your sandwich in under 20 minutes.
- Atmosphere: They have live music during the lunch hour which can be fun.
- Attire: Casual
- Overall: It’s good food at a good price. While they no longer offer their $3.29 sandwiches (they’re now $4.19), it’s still a good deal. The salads are a bit more (like $5.29), but they are yummy and quite filling. Also, when I feel the need to splurge, there’s nothing like their Oreo shake.
- Hours/Address/Ph: To find the local one near you, click here.