Not only was Et Voila a new restaurant for me, Palisades was a completely new neighborhood! Yes, I’m afraid I’m a creature of habit and have a tendency to stick to “my” neighborhoods…meaning those that I can get to via Metro. Anyway, P3 was so kind to take me after I cat sat for her. Seriously, she’s entirely too generous!
- Food:I ordered the mussels in garlic and white wine and frites. The mussels were beautiful — fat and juicy. While the frites were good, they weren’t all that crispy (bummer). The other problem was that I thought the broth was a little too salty. But while the broth looked a little watery, it actually wasn’t. P3 ordered their c For dessert, I ordered the chocolate mousse which was rich with these little crunchy dark chocolate nibs. It was knee-buckling good. We also ordered their almond pastry on strawberry gelee with pistachio cream on top. While it was delicious, their mousse is ridiculous.
- Service: Our server was nice, albeit a little absent.
- Atmosphere: It’s a somewhat long and definitely skinny restaurant. They have pretty limited seating — probably only about 20-25 tables.
- Attire: Business casual
- Price: $$$
- Reservations: They’re pretty much required if you want to get a seat, no matter if it’s a weekend or weekday.
- Hours: Closed Mondays; Tues-Fri 11:30 am to 2:30 pm and 5 to 10 pm; Sat & Sun 11 am-3 pm and 5-10 pm
- Address: 5120 MacArthur Blvd NW; Washington, DC 20016
- Ph: (202) 237-2300