If you’re like me, you find that when you step outside for lunch from your office, you find you go to the same spots. So thanks to this blog, I’ve been going to new places all the time. The Brown Bag is another one of those new spots.
- Food:I ordered the Love at 1st Bite sandwich. There is some mayo on this tuna sandwich, but not a lot so it worked for me (and we all know I hate mayo!). There’s a perfect combination of onion to tuna to lettuce. The multi-grain bread is fresh, but it might be even better if they toasted it. My only complaint is that I would have liked to see more tomato. I bet next time, if I ask, they’ll put more on. Sweet.
- Service:It’s merged with the atmosphere information, but basically, you never have to talk to anyone. You can also customize your sandwich and unless you have horrible writing, you’ll get exactly what you asked for without worrying the person behind the counter misunderstood. I like the fact you can order it online too.
- Atmosphere:Inside it’s cute with three different lines — one for salads, noodles, and sandwiches. They also have a bunch of pre-made items in the front cooler. When you walk in, determine which you’re going to order. Then they have the laminated order cards and you circle which item you want. There are 10-15 tables inside in the front of the restaurant.
- Attire: Casual
- Price: $
- Overall:It’s a good sandwich place and I was shocked that I liked their tuna salad sandwich. The shock comes because I hate mayo and normally don’t order tuna salad out because of the mayo. I know you’re going to laugh, but I didn’t realize it was tuna salad — I thought it was just going to be albacore tuna. I’ve never tried their pasta (has anyone else?), but would go back.
- Hours: Monday-Friday 7:30 AM-3:30 PM
- Address: 818 18th Street NW; Washington, DC 20006
- Ph: 202-293-0092